• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Yes it is. I didn’t like the wood grain texture as it felt plasticky to me but I appreciate every one has different tastes.
Thanks. Very helpful. Your close of that insert confirmed that for us, our two choices are down to either the Neodyme carbon fiber or the brushed aluminum insert.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
1. Frunk is smaller than I hoped, not terrible just not as big as the Taycan and not large enough for my cool bag. The auto opening feature is great and will be perfect for small grocery shops.
The Porsche website shows both the Taycan and Macan EV to have the same size frunk at 84 litres.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Porsche website shows both the Taycan and Macan EV to have the same size frunk at 84 litres.
The Macan frunk is an odd slanted shape and much less usable. The Taycan frunk can fit a medium sized cooler, the Macan frunk definitely cannot.

Maybe it's technically the same volume but it's a very weird shape and not very practical.

Last edited:

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
Went to the dealer today as my turbo is sitting there since one week…
Software not installed yet - for what ever reason - also they are waiting for some sensor for the electric charging flap. Nobody knows how long it’s going to take

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Same here, I haven't the electric charging door so my car only needs the sw update....

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Sorry to hear both of yours are close to delivery to you but still on hold. That must be very frustrating.

Thanks for confirming that the charge door sensor is at least one of the two factors.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Went to the dealer today as my turbo is sitting there since one week…
Software not installed yet - for what ever reason - also they are waiting for some sensor for the electric charging flap. Nobody knows how long it’s going to take
Well I did leave the electronic flap out as I feel it’s another thing that can brake, never had an issue with my mechanical flaps both ICE and EV. The danger I see is that the mechanical flaps gets in the way of people passing by

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The danger I see is that the mechanical flaps gets in the way of people passing by
When the flap is open there is the cable + the connectors I don't see any problem for people pass by. My Tesla charging doors is the same (even if electric operated and open up and not left) and never had a single issue with people passing between cars charging.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And now out for the official presentation of the Macan Electric line here in Italy (we should have the cars moving!!!).
I'll do some pic and get some info from techs (wine will help ;) ).
Macan EV New Macan 4 and Turbo EV delivery to local dealer (photos) Screenshot 2024-09-19 174040

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
The Macan frunk is an odd slanted shape and much less usable. The Taycan frunk can fit a medium sized cooler, the Macan frunk definitely cannot.

Maybe it's technically the same volume but it's a very weird shape and not very practical.
You're right. I went to my local Porsche Centre today to see one for the first time, and the frunk looks significantly smaller than the Taycan's. Also, the rear trunk looks a lot smaller than my Taycan ST.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
You're right. I went to my local Porsche Centre today to see one for the first time, and the frunk looks significantly smaller than the Taycan's. Also, the rear trunk looks a lot smaller than my Taycan ST.
Our 2015 Macan Turbo (with Burmester) rear luggage space is virtually identical to an Acura RDX or Honda CRV. The Macan electric is about the same.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
Well, if we need any bigger trunk and frunk, then you either lose some internal seating space or make Macan bigger.
Then we would be discussing cramped inside or the bigger size :confused: