• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

TomekGnomek

First Name
Tomek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Picked up my Macan 4 yesterday, believe this was the first one in Poland.

My choice was Ice Grey with Truffle Brown interior and I was quite nervous about the outcome.

Wasn't sure how the TB would look in real life and how it would match the IG.

Turns out the TB interior is a killer, looks super nice in person.
Here are some pics and my first impressions.

1) Ice Grey - this color can look very different depending on conditions. Lightning, outdoor/indoor, bright sun, rainy day and pictures vs real life. In general this color is very interesting and in the right light it looks stunning (dirty and in rain looks unimpressive). There were two IG cars next to each other and looked quite different like I wouldn't believe it's the same color.

2) The same goes for Truffle Brown. It looks much, much darker in person and I would say it's even harder to capture in pictures then IG. Overall it's a killer and the way it blends with black interior parts is much better compared to other models. The steering wheel is black, the headliner is black, you can setup a brown theme for all the screens and LEDs that looks fantastic. The smell and quality is next level. Overall it maks the car feel much more premium. As for how it blends with IG - I'm happy with it, was a bit worried but it's dark enough (even in bright light) to look good.

3) I tested Macan Turbo on track and was a bit worried Macan 4 would lack power. I come from ICE and this is most definately not the case. The car seems very responsive and fun to drive, should be more then enough for most ppl.

4) Air suspension is interesting in terms the car behaves very nice on uneven surface but on the other hand it's quite stiff and allows for some spirited driving. The car can be soft and firm when needed. Would be interesting to compare it to standard suspension.

5) Initial power consumption is scary @ 36 kw/100km but I was told it does not recuperate for the first hundred kilometers to put some wear on brakes. We'll see.

6) The infotainment is great. Very smooth, intuitive, fast and easy to use. This was a nice surprise as early reviews were not all positive.

Overall so far I'm impressed with this car.

I would strongly suggest seeing some cars and samples in person if you want custom paints/interiors. I chose the IG/TB combo only after seeing this on 911 the dealer happened to order for a customer. It looked very good (except for the brown steering wheel which was not my thing but Macan has black wheel). In Macan it also looks very good in person but I'm not sure I would order it based on pictures alone.

Macan EV Received my Macan 4 EV in Ice Grey / Truffle Brown, first impressions & photos F88B21D7-A53F-4C14-8F57-6BA6A77C6E8C_1_102_a

Macan EV Received my Macan 4 EV in Ice Grey / Truffle Brown, first impressions & photos IMG_8401

Macan EV Received my Macan 4 EV in Ice Grey / Truffle Brown, first impressions & photos IMG_8404 (1)

Macan EV Received my Macan 4 EV in Ice Grey / Truffle Brown, first impressions & photos IMG_8402

Macan EV Received my Macan 4 EV in Ice Grey / Truffle Brown, first impressions & photos IMG_8403

Macan EV Received my Macan 4 EV in Ice Grey / Truffle Brown, first impressions & photos img_8415-jpe

Macan EV Received my Macan 4 EV in Ice Grey / Truffle Brown, first impressions & photos img_8418-jpe

Last edited by a moderator:

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered…
Country flag
It looks awesome! Could you post a picture of the sport chrono?

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S ordered PSPRDQM3
Country flag
Picked up my Macan 4 yesterday, believe this was the first one in Poland.
My choice was Ice Grey with Truffle Brown interior and I was quite nervous about the outcome.
Wasn't sure how the TB would look in real life and how it would match the IG.
Turns out the TB interior is a killer, looks super nice in person.
Here are some pics and my first impressions.

1) Ice Grey - this color can look very different depending on conditions. Lightning, outdoor/indoor, bright sun, rainy day and pictures vs real life. In general this color is very interesting and in the right light it look stunning (dirty and in rain looks unimpressive). There were two IG cars next to each other and looked quite different like I wouldn't believe it's the same color.

2) The same goes for Truffle Brown. It looks much, much darker in person and I would say it's even harder to capture in pictures then IG. Overall it's a killer and the way it blends with black interior parts is much better compared to other models. The steering wheel is black, the headliner is black, you can setup a brown theme for all the screens and LEDs that looks fantastic. The smell and quality is next level. Overall it maks the car feel much more premium. As for how it blends with IG - I'm happy with it, was a bit worried but it's dark enough (even in bright light) to look good.

3) I tested Macan Turbo on track and was a bit worried Macan 4 would lack power. I come from ICE and this is most definately not the case. The car seems very responsive and fun to drive, should be more then enough for most ppl.

4) Air suspension is interesting in terms the car behaves very nice on uneven surface but on the other hand it's quite stiff and allows for some spirited driving. The car can be soft and firm when needed. Would be interesting to compare it to standard suspension.

5) Initial power consumption is scary @ 36 kw/100km but I was told it does not recuperate for the first hundred kilometers to put some wear on brakes. We'll see.

Overall so far I'm impressed with this car.

I would strongly suggest seeing some cars and samples in person if you want custom paints/interiors. I chose the IG/TB combo only after seeing this on 911 the dealer happened to order for a customer. It looked very good (except for the brown steering wheel which was not my thing but Macan has black wheel). In Macan it also looks very good in person but I'm not sure I would order it based on pictures alone.

F88B21D7-A53F-4C14-8F57-6BA6A77C6E8C_1_102_a.jpeg

IMG_8404 (1).jpeg

IMG_8402.jpeg

View attachment 59739

IMG_8403.jpeg
This was so helpful to me. I am getting ready to lock my 4S and I have Ice Grey and TB and was concerned since it seems like it could clash. After seeing your pics and hearing how it looked in person I feel it will be my final build. Everyone seems to say the same thing about consumption so let's hope they are correct and it improves. Thanks again for taking the time and look forward to any other thoughts as you continue to drive it.

adrnlyn

First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan 4 ev, boxster s, tr6, silverado 2500 desiel, tahoe
Country flag
I got mine yesterday too. First one dealer got delivered in omaha Nebraska. I drove it 3 hours home to kc. Drove 180 miles used 45% battery. Have 130 miles left. wasnt full battery, like 90% when got. Says 28.2 kw/100 used. Only harassed one corvette getting back on interstate, so averaged about 73mph. Have to figure out what it means. Todays goal is charging it.

mixed emotion, my macan base is like a sports car, this is a luxury car.

has anyone used lift function? My driveway is steep and it scraped nose. Backed up used lift function, and still scraped. I ordered off road nose. my base macan doesn’t scrape, my boxster doesn’t scrape, mom’s Subaru forester does. Had to dig out ramps my corvette used To get it in. Going to call dealer and see if doing something wrong. My base macan has to regularly go off road, hubby farms, so this will be an issue

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
has anyone used lift function? My driveway is steep and it scraped nose.
that front lip on the EV protrudes much further than the ICE right? this would be why... But good lord, you must have a crazy high driveway. you can come in at a side angle to keep it from happening?

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
The Ice Grey looks great but, I’m afraid, Truffle Brown interior wouldn’t be my choice…….good job we all have different tastes! 👍

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
The Ice Grey looks great but, I’m afraid, Truffle Brown interior wouldn’t be my choice…….good job we all have different tastes!
I have the same view.
For my Ice Grey, I chose Crayon/Black. I think crayon is called chalk grey in the US. It's quite light colour, but in my view it compliments better with ice grey.

I also read in some posts that Truffle Brown dash really reflects in the windscreen when it's sunny, and some said they had to wear polarised glasses for this.

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
Good choice with Crayon/Black….I have this in my Crayon ICE Macan, (it’s called Pebble Grey/Black), and it looks great 👍

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Good choice with Crayon/Black….I have this in my Crayon ICE Macan, (it’s called Pebble Grey/Black), and it looks great 👍
Pebble Grey in the ICE Macan is a different color from Crayon/Black interior in Macan EV or Taycan. Porsche is very specific in how they call and make their colors. I have both. They are similar but not the same. Crayon/Black interior is intended to go well with Ice Grey exterior.