• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Another very good step forward is the connection with carplay is so fast that as soon as you open the door it is already connected! Maybe because of comfort access, but a big step forward from Taycan.
Nope, I don't have confort access and I can literally open the door that the music start playing from my Spotify account.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I was wondering why not a range setting like in the taycan and found that it does it automatically. The Macan lowers according to driving speed. I found because I was going to put it lowered but it was not available if riding at more than 150km/h
Also did my first auto parking and it worked quite well. You do nothing, it just parks by itself!
Tomorrow will be my first "High speed" trip and I will check the various settings.
And maybe I'll try also the auto parking since where I go there's a big big parking lot and early in the morning it's completely empty 😂 😂 😂 😂 Not a big fun of auto parking neither on my ex Tesla but thanks for being the first to try it! ;).👍

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Another very good step forward is the connection with carplay is so fast that as soon as you open the door it is already connected! Maybe because of comfort access, but a big step forward from Taycan.
Absolutely. After 4 years and 2 taycans i am really surprised. Car Play while entering the car, not waiting half a minute and more…

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Does Porsche auto-parking work if there isn’t a vehicle either side of the space?

With BMW, the system looks for a gap between vehicles, so if there are lots of free spaces, it won’t don’t as it doesn’t just use the parking bay markings to look for a space.

OP
OP
Wawando

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag
Does Porsche auto-parking work if there isn’t a vehicle either side of the space?

With BMW, the system looks for a gap between vehicles, so if there are lots of free spaces, it won’t don’t as it doesn’t just use the parking bay markings to look for a space.
I do not know but if all spaces are empty I just park it myself 😃

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
I do not know but if all spaces are empty I just park it myself 😃
Fair enough, and I guess most do that.
But good to know its auto-parking ability when there isn’t a vehicle either side of the space.

OP
OP
Wawando

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag
Just a note, the parking can involve going forward and backward and it does everything by itself, wierd experience, I hit the brake once and there is an option to continue and it continues until the end, try it 😅