• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

iCEing and Dashcams

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Good to hear! The other issue that I found while going through the Taycan forums was that it maybe interferes with using Wireless Apple Carplay but I don't know for a fact.
Issue is that the phone is either connected to the Dashcam or to CarPlay, can’t do both at the same time.

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Issue is that the phone is either connected to the Dashcam or to CarPlay, can’t do both at the same time.
Is this a non-issue if I don’t plan to view dashcam video on my phone while driving with CarPlay navigation?

While driving, I want to be able to use CarPlay for navigation while recording video on my dashcam. When parked, I want to be able to record video on my dashcam if an impact is sensed and watch live feeds anytime via my iPhone.

I’m leaning toward getting the Blackvue dashcam since it appears to have the best cloud features for remote viewing. I ordered the dashcam prep option on my 4S and hope that even if it has proprietary Porsche connectors, it can be rigged to handle front and rear third-party dashcams.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Is this a non-issue if I don’t plan to view dashcam video on my phone while driving with CarPlay navigation?

While driving, I want to be able to use CarPlay for navigation while recording video on my dashcam. When parked, I want to be able to record video on my dashcam if an impact is sensed and watch live feeds anytime via my iPhone.

I’m leaning toward getting the Blackvue dashcam since it appears to have the best cloud features for remote viewing. I ordered the dashcam prep option on my 4S and hope that even if it has proprietary Porsche connectors, it can be rigged to handle front and rear third-party dashcams.
It isn’t a big issue if you don’t want to do both at once. And if in the car you want to check what happened on the DC, you’ll need to disconnect CP (which likes to keep reconnecting itself) to view the DC.

Between this, the higher cost of the Porsche DC and its relative large size, there are better options out there.

I almost got the prep option myself but then figured I’d save a few $$ and run cables if I ever want to go down that route.