• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

iCEing and Dashcams

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
So in the US, plenty of stories of EVs getting keyed, ICE owners purposively parking in charging spots. Even in downtown Chicago in my building we have 10 charging spots in the garage (out of hundreds of spots always plenty of room) and a gas car is parked in one of them probably at least once a week. My concern is more about the keying. Who here really worries about their new baby Macan getting damaged by some yokel who doesn't like EVS? I clearly understand the "mean world effect" which is that we see it on the media and we assume it happens way more than it actually does. Still, I have been wondering about getting a dash cam ever since I ordered my new Macan. What do people think. Should a dash cam be bought? And does it even deter or catch any offenders?

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Don’t think a dashcam will deter an asshole, if anything they may even wave at it.

But at least where I live, in the NY metro area, I don’t worry about getting keyed. Could happen bit not been seeing people particularly angry at EV here.

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
You should have a dashcam anyway, if someone backs up into you and hits you (has happened to me), without a dashcam they can easily lie and you have no proof you didn't rear end them. Thankfully in my situation the guy was honest but may not be so lucky next time. You can also help others who get into a wreck or like a hit and run (happened to a car right in front of me).