• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

macan4turbo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
My biggest issues/feature-requests, which are mostly software related save for one:

1. wifi connection from a mobile phone inside the car is terrible. this is after disconnecting from carplay obviously. i have to hold my phone outside the car through the window to get a signal. usually there is an antenna in the interior of most cars that help with this, but I don't think the macan has it for some reason.

2. parking assistance camera doesn't go away immediately after shifting to drive from reverse (small 3-5s delay). exiting via the X in the top left corner can make it dismiss immediately though

3. we need a play/pause function for the quick access button on the steering wheel.... otherwise just stuck with muting via clicking scroll wheel or volume knob. even better is if we can replace muting with play/pause

4. we need a lane assistance toggle for the quick access button on the steering wheel...otherwise it's unsafe to toggle it off via additional functions under the assistance tab of the car settings (3+ taps on the middle screen to navigate there)

5. apple car play doesn't show google maps on the front monitor. wish it did. it would be extra cool if the AR HUD could relay directions from google maps as well.

Some minor stuff:

1. wish there was a way to turn off all lights when parked without having to lock the car and potentially trigger the alarm if touching something from inside

2. owner manual needs to show location of fuse box for those of us that don't want to opt for installation of the porche dash cam and want hard wiring access

that's all I can think of aside from a few other things I want to make sure aren't the result of user error. it's a really great car.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
My biggest issues/feature-requests, which are mostly software related save for one:

1. wifi connection from a mobile phone inside the car is terrible. this is after disconnecting from carplay obviously. i have to hold my phone outside the car through the window to get a signal. usually there is an antenna in the interior of most cars that help with this, but I don't think the macan has it for some reason.

2. parking assistance camera doesn't go away immediately after shifting to drive from reverse (small 3-5s delay). exiting via the X in the top left corner can make it dismiss immediately though

3. we need a play/pause function for the quick access button on the steering wheel.... otherwise just stuck with muting via clicking scroll wheel or volume knob. even better is if we can replace muting with play/pause

4. we need a lane assistance toggle for the quick access button on the steering wheel...otherwise it's unsafe to toggle it off via additional functions under the assistance tab of the car settings (3+ taps on the middle screen to navigate there)

5. apple car play doesn't show google maps on the front monitor. wish it did. it would be extra cool if the AR HUD could relay directions from google maps as well.

Some minor stuff:

1. wish there was a way to turn off all lights when parked without having to lock the car and potentially trigger the alarm if touching something from inside

2. owner manual needs to show location of fuse box for those of us that don't want to opt for installation of the porche dash cam and want hard wiring access

that's all I can think of aside from a few other things I want to make sure aren't the result of user error. it's a really great car.
These are not actual issues with the car though - they are more annoyances or a wishlist of features youā€™d like to have.

This thread is more about actual issues / things not working or broken. ;)

Maybe you could start a thread about features people would want in their Macan?

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
As @tmrqs wrote it would be better to maintain separate issues (things broken or that should work in a different way) from improvement.
Iā€™m sure that Porsche is monitoring (been advised by my dealer) EV forum and FB EV pages to get feedback and it would be great to organize also these improvements in a categorized thread (yes, Iā€™m an engineer šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£)