• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Any essential specs to order?

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Hi All,

Playing with the configurator, the 4S seems to have most of what I want - for me mainly the innodrive, rear wiper and heated seats for UK weather.
Anything else recommended although know it's more personal preference.
14 way seats vs 8 way seats - will I notice much difference when I have it set for my driving position?

Any advice appreciated?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd definitely go to 14 or 18 way. The worst thing is to get stuck with a seat you can't get just right.

Other options I really like..

Rear Axle Steering. Significantly improves low speed maneuverability. Really impressive stuff and super nice.

Air suspension. It's really nice and gives you more height options.

Sport Chrono. You get Sport Plus, which is a really fun mode, and PSM Sport. If you ever want to play with the car, this is a must.

Thermal & Noise Insulating Glass. Really helps with quiet.

Bose. Really significant sound upgrade.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I would add the Rear Wiper to the list.
It’s silly it’s not standard by default.

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
I would add the Rear Wiper to the list.
It’s silly it’s not standard by default.
I don't think you can order the rear wiper if you select the thermally and noise insulated glass. Also silly.

Reactions: D00

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hi All,

Playing with the configurator, the 4S seems to have most of what I want - for me mainly the innodrive, rear wiper and heated seats for UK weather.
14 way seats vs 8 way seats - will I notice much difference when I have it set for my driving position?

Any advice appreciated?
give me your build code - and I'll 'fix it' for you ;)

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Hi All,

Any advice appreciated?
[/QUOTE]
- rear axle steering (forces you to add power steering plus). Must have.
-Premium pack and upgrade to 18 way seats unless you want massage seats (I really liked the 18 way adjustable bolsters offered by the 18 ways so went with that). This pack includes the matrix headlights which you want plus, Bose stereo and 4 zone air all of which were must haves for me.
- Rear wiper (for me anyway).
- I also got the tow hitch as we take our bikes around so if your into camping/biking then worth getting.
-Finally I got the 115 v outlet and the dashcam prep. The former supports our camping moments and the dashcam will add later for security.
Note that Air Suspension comes standard in North America and is a must have so if it is not standard where you are I would definitely add that.

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GLC AMG43
Country flag
Hi All,

Any advice appreciated?
Rear axle steering, rear seat HVAC and heated seats all around, plus heated steering. I added Sport Chrono but have to admit it doesn’t get much use in my case.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi All,

Any advice appreciated?
The thing with the seats is whether you can find a comfortable position with the 8 ways. If you can try them out and you're sure, great. But you're more likely to find an ideal seating position with 14 ways.

In some previous Porsche models the base 8 way seats have also just been worse quality. I don't think anyone has actually sat in the base Macan seats, I believe all of the demo cars have 14 or 18s, so it's risky.

I can tell you I'm very picky about seats and every Porsche 14 or 18 I've ever sat in (a lot of models) has been at least satisfactory and usually good or great.

OP
OP
taycanstuff

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Thanks all, good shout out about the 14 way, I should try at dealers to make sure I can get comfortable.

A few observations from my googling on some of the extras:
  • Rear axle steering - some say not needed in a SUV, something about kerbing the rears and need to get used to.
  • Air suspension - agree would like it to be super comfy.
  • Thermal noise glass and rear black out - I was considering but heard some bad reviews about poor mobile phone signal?
  • Wipers - definitely a must but can't spec with the thermal noise as @Sideline and @trmqs says.
  • Missed the heated steering so yes.
  • Bose and bigger wheels would be nice luxury.

Does the Macan EV come with a charge cable and 3 pin plug, I can see they are extras so I presumce no?

Does it come with mats?

I'll try some more speccing.🙏

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Really, really think about bose. My first taycan was equipped with the standard sound system (my only "speccing fail) and my second now is equipped with bose.
Such a dramatic change...
I could/ ca live without sport chrono, rear axel steering , largest wheels... but never ever without bose/ any upgrade to standard sound.
Had to regret it every time i was driving the car...
Of course: Only my 0,02€

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, the drop from Bose to regular and in some cases 14 way to regular seats can be the two most significant quality drops in a Porsche.

I don't want to speak to the EV Macan as no one has experienced the base seats or audio, to my knowledge, but it's pretty known that the Porsche base audio is bad and sometimes the base seats (there are some exceptions, I know people that love the base Macan seats currently.)

The privacy glass/rear wiper conflict is an annoying one. As far as cell signal, if your phone is connected to the car it's a non issue but if you're trying to use your phone not connected to the car it can be. It can also cause annoyance if you have toll transponders.

Rear Axle Steer does not require an adjustment and does not feel weird. It's just a tighter turning circle. When it first started being a thing it could be clunky but it's completely seamless in modern Porsche models.

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE
Country flag
Really, really think about bose. My first taycan was equipped with the standard sound system (my only "speccing fail) and my second now is equipped with bose.
Such a dramatic change...
I could/ ca live without sport chrono, rear axel steering , largest wheels... but never ever without bose/ any upgrade to standard sound.
Had to regret it every time i was driving the car...
Of course: Only my 0,02€
It is really subjective....I have bose in my Taycan but I am not adding it to the Macan as it shrinks the storage capacity on the boot too much....