• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

First official Macan BEV photos

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This will be interesting when actually introduced. The Taycan had no direct competition, but the electric Macan will be competing against a really good gas powered car. I guess whether it is accepted will be down to price and the specs vs the old Macan.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
This will be interesting when actually introduced. The Taycan had no direct competition, but the electric Macan will be competing against a really good gas powered car. I guess whether it is accepted will be down to price and the specs vs the old Macan.
I’m curious to see how it competes with the Tesla Model X. My wife and I are in the minority and didn’t like the FWDs. It was the main reason we sold the car.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus, ShelbyBaja, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Same here - we had the X for a little under the year. After the FWD closed on my 5 year old daughters hand and we had to navigate the touch screen for 20 seconds to open it. The car was for sale the next day.
Amazing they have all these sensors that will not open if there is a 1/2 branch from a tree but a kids hand no problem.

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
If it turns out the way they say, that will be our next BEV for my wife in 2024.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Yeah, I have no interest in replacing my ICE Macan with a BEV Macan. Not until charging speed and infrastructure both get significantly better.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m curious to see how it competes with the Tesla Model X. My wife and I are in the minority and didn’t like the FWDs. It was the main reason we sold the car.
FWD? What’s that? All I can think of is front wheel drive…

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Curious about this. All things being equal, would you pay a premium price for an electric Macan over what is available now? And if you would pay a premium why?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
FWD = Falcon Wing Doors

we recently sold our ‘17 Model X P100D after 50,000 trouble free miles, but wife didn’t want another X due to lack of evolution and she grew tired of being a “public spectacle” even time we opend the FWD’s…

we replaced it with a much more reliable/tranditional brand - Porsche Cayenne Hybrid…

we’ve owned it for 18 days - it’s been in servcie now for 14 of those 18 days…no one gets to tell me any of these guys make cars any better than the rest of them - but yeah I can understand getting rid of an X, but it has a lot of “pros” also vs. “cons” - but it’s a mixed bag for sure.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Uhh.. what's going on with the rear of the Macan? Maybe it's just the camo but it looks much worse in those photos than the current gen. Very rounded and Model X ish. Gross.