• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

For those of you with Rear Wheel steering... happy with it?

Rear wheel steering worth it?

• Wouldn't have it any other way!

• It's nice, but i could live w/o it.

• I wouldn't choose this option again...

Results are only viewable after voting.

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
are you happy with your choice?
I've seen mixed thoughts on it from the "journalist" and youtube /TT reviewers... But i wanted to get a round of the actual owners who have and use the option.

do you like?
Would you option it again?

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold:Taycan 4, Now Macan 4
Country flag
After a Taycan CT without RWS, wheelbase 2.904 m, dim 4.974 x 1.967, not very easy to enter my garage, I have a Macan 4, with RWS, wheelbase 2.893 m, dim 4.784 x 1.938

The Macan is very lively in the curves, but to enter my garage, very frankly I am very disappointed, no notable improvement.

I even wondered if the option (that I paid for) had not been forgotten :crying:

I'm waiting the opinion of this forum ...

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I'm waiting the opinion of this forum ...
oh wow... maybe take it to an empty space, point your mirrors downward and take a look at the wheels while making a turn...?
5 degrees isn't much...but i saw a mercedes take a corner in front of me once, and it was SUPER noticeable that the car had rear steering!!

EdInSanDiego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV60
Country flag
While parked but with the car on, open the door and turn the steering wheel all the way. You should be able to see the rear wheels turning (up to +/- 5 degrees). It reduces turn radius by about 10% so not huge, but something.

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Very happy with it! Taking tight corners with much ease. According to the web the Model 3 and Macan with rear steering has the same turning circle even tho the size is significantly larger. I could also feel more stability when accelerating and overtaking. Also mountain roads are a lot more fun.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW i5, MB C-Class
Country flag
oh wow... maybe take it to an empty space, point your mirrors downward and take a look at the wheels while making a turn...?
5 degrees isn't much...but i saw a mercedes take a corner in front of me once, and it was SUPER noticeable that the car had rear steering!!
The Taycan is even less. I have it on my GTS, and it's not really visible to the eye, but as a driver you can definitely feel it.

I've driven a Macan Turbo demo car with it, and it's much more noticeable, both to the driver and anybody observing from the outside.

Some MB cars, I believe, turn up to 10 degrees.

While parked but with the car on, open the door and turn the steering wheel all the way. You should be able to see the rear wheels turning (up to +/- 5 degrees). It reduces turn radius by about 10% so not huge, but something.
I'm not sure that would work. I think I read somewhere the car has to be moving for the RAS to function.

Either way, you could just drive slowly forward, turn, and then look in the mirrors, or even just feel it as a driver. The Macan's RAS is easily detected from the driver's seat.

In answer to the original question...I have specced it on my forthcoming Macan Turbo, and I wouldn't even consider the Turbo without it.

There was a video posted on here a few months ago which clearly showed the RAS in action. It was a convoy of Macans entering a parking area or something, filmed from the street.

Last edited:

gianteli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
I think it's the best feature upgrade from my non 4ws Taycan. I find the turning circle to be much tighter, and navigating around a tight european city is far, far easier.

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
ut to enter my garage, very frankly I am very disappointed, no notable improvement.

I'm a fan of the RWS for right hand turns through intersections and U-turns. I would hate to make a 3 point turn with the dash controlled PRND shifting. When I first got the car, It would shift into neutral because I didn't fully click into reverse or drive. half click goes into neutral. someone else mentioned the RWS can be dangerous for parallel parking and scratching wheels. I declined the wheel protection package so i'm extra careful with the RWS and parking.

oxum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
There's a post I pass by when parking under the carport. I used to clear it the same way for 3 years with the Taycan with RWS, always the same motion, passing by it 5cm away.

First time turning into that spot with the Macan with RWS I almost hit the post, because it turned that more quickly/aggressively than the Taycan.

It takes some getting used to, especially minding the curbs when leaving a roadside parking spot. But overall there's no denying the turning circle is reduced by a lot for me.

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There was a video posted on here a few months ago which clearly showed the RAS in action. It was a convoy of Macans entering a parking area or something, filmed from the street.
ohh gotta find that !

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did they all have it? 👀
Damn the macan looks good with 22's