• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Has anyone taken delivery of a sport chrono equipped car yet?

driege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I asked my sales associate to find out more about what exactly you get with the sport chrono package, because the configurator statement about "performance-oriented settings for motor" is very vague. After checking with others inside Porsche, he told me that the sports chrono package provides extra power in short bursts while in Sport+ mode or when pushing the push-to-pass button on the drive mode selector. This is the first I've heard of a push-to-pass button and it's definitely not shown in the configurator, so I'm a bit skeptical. Can someone who has received a sport chrono equipped car weigh in?

Macan EV Has anyone taken delivery of a sport chrono equipped car yet? 1727395514561-wm

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh jeez, Porsche SAs suck.

The Macan does not have push to pass, although an option on other Chrono equipped Porsches.

Chrono gets you..
Sports Plus mode. This is the most aggressive tuning of the car, suspension, throttle, etc. It's a fun mode but many don't use it for daily driving.

PSM Sport. This is a toggle between Stability Management fully ON and fully OFF. It allows you to swing out the backend while still having some computer safety.

A Dashboard clock that some hate and some find iconic.

I always recommend it.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
I heard two things besides what we can see in the Porsche site.

1. It's a Porsche tradition that could affect resale value if does not have it(not sure about it)

2. I’ll confirm this soon, but it should provide slightly quick acceleration. This information isn't in the configuration.

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Doesn’t seem like the package offers as much value on the EV as the ICE version. I’ll be interested to hear from others as they take delivery of Macan EVs with the Sport Chrono package.

I opted for the dash compass which includes a digital clock and altimeter instead. Also paid the Porsche “tax” to get the compass-face colored Bordeaux red to match my red seatbelts.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Sport+ will also disable anything unnecessary (think A/C) during launch control so you get all the power sent to the engines - and then enable them back.

rogerthat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model Y
Country flag
I don't think I'll actually be using the Sport Chrono Package but I feel like it would be a bit silly to order a Turbo without it. Am I wrong?

hulz99

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
The sports chrono is a no brainer considering you no longer get the clock standard! Sport and Sport + will really sharpen the throttle considerably.