• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
This is my second car, so take my review/impressions with a pinch of salt.

Exterior
- Aimed for a minimal look, as my ultimate goal was a Rivian (not available in Europe).
- Happy with the basic white color; it pairs nicely with the black accents.
- The white Porsche lettering at the rear is matte/frosted, giving it a cool appearance. Initially, I regretted not choosing the black version, but the white looks great.
- Off-road wheels provide contrast to the elegant body curves, but I like the contrast. If I had a second chance, Iā€™d go for the Spyder wheels.
- The charging flap design is awkwardā€”it requires placing a whole hand on top to open and doesnā€™t follow the car's body curvature well.

Interior
- Chose the standard interior, and my feelings are mixed:
- Hard plastic with a leather texture in the center console feels cheap and isnā€™t well-molded in some areas.
- The beige colour is darker than what you see in the configurator but I still like it.
- Despite the plastic, it still feels well-made, though leather might add more premium details.
- The design feels like it lacked exploration of different materials. For example, the Polestar 2ā€™s interior looks and feels better despite being all plastic.
- Comfortable non-leather seats, though they seem designed for larger people. I need to stretch a bit to comfortably rest my arms on the center console and door rest (Iā€™m 177 cm, 56 kg).
- Bose sound system is excellentā€”very balanced and superior to the Model 3 I drove for two years.
- The laminated glass option makes the cabin quieter, but thereā€™s noticeable noise from the panoramic roof.
- Standard steering wheel instead of the GT wheel, and Iā€™m satisfied with it.
- Door buttons feel a bit flimsy compared to the Polestar 2 and even the Tesla. I feel like I could brake them if pull/press a bit harder.
- Would recommend a more premium interior option if you want better finishes. The center console is the most disappointing aspect of the standard interior.
- I didn't spec the sport sound and I kind of regret it because the car has very nice sound designs (minus the belt rattle)
- The laminated glass has some strange pattern/cutout around the rear mirror that is bit ugly but you only notice it when you are looking directly at it.
-Interior is specious but the visibility is sporty. You don't get the same Papa Mobile vibe you get in the Tesla like you are driving an aquarium. Which I miss but I do like the extra privacy the macan gives.

Charging
- No issues with charging the car.
- I use the Charge Connect (the one with the display)ā€”itā€™s the only way to have more control over charging, which is disappointing since this should be standard.
- Portugal doesn't support Porsche Charging Card because of Mobi.e's monopoly on the charging infrastructure in the country. Which is sad because this cancels the Plug&Charge feature. I was really looking forward to having a unified charging experience. Porsche Porto gave an alternative card for charging that works for the local system but that's just annoying they they kick you out of the ecosystem.

Comfort Entry
- Works well for locking and unlocking the car.
- Tried using a gesture to open the frunk, but it didnā€™t work.

Innodrive
- Smooth cornering, but the stalk takes some time to get used to.
- Occasionally received emergency shutdown warnings, with the seatbelt tightening as if the car thought I was having a medical emergency. This happened even while I was alert and driving on the highway. I wore a cap so maybe it couldn't see my eyes or something?!

Infotainment
- Super responsive! Although Iā€™m not a fan of the redesign, itā€™s ok.
- I wish the black theme had more contrast, similar to the Taycan.
- The user experience is so well-done that you could use it without CarPlay if the built-in navigation included speed cameras and more accurate routes (it sometimes takes me down narrow roads where Google Maps and Waze donā€™t).

Driving
- The Macan 4 offers plenty of power, with smooth steering (optioned the Powersteer Plus and rear steering).
- Initially regretted that 4 doesn't have the torque vectoring option, but the driving experience is already fantasticā€”much better than the Polestar 2, Model 3, Model Y, Audi Q5, Defender, and Fiat 500e (the cars I've driven. The most specced one was the Audi and the Macan beats that).
- I miss one-pedal driving, but the precision of the brake and accelerator pedals makes up for it, and I even prefer this setup in some situations.
- The gentle creeping is well-implemented, making it great for slow traffic.
- For a new driver like me, I enjoy the communication light that warns me of danger šŸ˜…

Off-Road Performance
- Tried a trail, and the Macan 4 managed decently but not as well as a Defender so I am not taking it to Iceland that's for sure šŸ˜…
- Experienced some aggressive bouncing over uneven terrain, even when driving slowly.
- Overall, itā€™s more suited for city driving rather than serious off-roading.

Issues
- Had issues with the car not going into drive, often due to doors not being fully closedā€”learning to slam the doors properly now. Sometimes it happens if you don't put your seatbelt on but only sometimes ?!
- Experienced a rattle from the passenger seatbelt, but adjusting it fixed it (mostly).
- Pedestrian sound error on the dash, then disappeared and couldn't find it int he notifications.

Overall it's just a magical thing to drive. I totally understand the following of the brand and why people get very religious about it. Not going to be my only Porsche that's for sure šŸ˜…

Code: https://www.porsche-code.com/PRWPMFX5

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010231

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010225

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010228

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010240

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010218

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010220

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010226

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010229

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010233

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010235

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010236

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review DO01010237

Electric Macan EV Macan EV 4 in White + Standard Interior Beige -- delivered & owner review Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 16.55.22

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
are you seat centers suede/alcantara? or is that fabric? I know the options are much different you guys in Europe

i think the cars with the highest leather options look the best...but it just sucks it only comes in one color... I would have definitely chose that if i could get the color i wanted.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Thanks for the review and the fantastic pic @nulled.
I agree with you about noise from the panoramic roof and rattle of the seat belt (but I solved myself)

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
are you seat centers suede/alcantara? or is that fabric? I know the options are much different you guys in Europe

i think the cars with the highest leather options look the best...but it just sucks it only comes in one color... I would have definitely chose that if i could get the color i wanted.
I think they call it race tex on the config but it's just fabric that has sort of canvas texture to it. It feels more comfortable than leather but probably pain in the ass to clean...

LivingTheDream

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
Racetex (a.k.a., alcantara) is suede like and looks different. What you have there looks like fabricā€”an option I believe you have in EU, but not in the US.

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S ordered PSDIARI0
Country flag
Thanks for the review, great looking spec. Enjoy.

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
I agree with you about noise from the panoramic roof and rattle of the seat belt (but I solved myself)
Whatā€™s the best way to resolve the seat belt rattle ā€” adding a seat belt clip, sticking soft material on back of seatbelt, or third-party seatbelt cover?

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
This is my second car, so take my review/impressions with a pinch of salt.

Exterior
- Aimed for a minimal look, as my ultimate goal was a Rivian (not available in Europe).
- Happy with the basic white color; it pairs nicely with the black accents.
- The white Porsche lettering at the rear is matte/frosted, giving it a cool appearance. Initially, I regretted not choosing the black version, but the white looks great.
- Off-road wheels provide contrast to the elegant body curves, but I like the contrast. If I had a second chance, Iā€™d go for the Spyder wheels.
- The charging flap design is awkwardā€”it requires placing a whole hand on top to open and doesnā€™t follow the car's body curvature well.

Interior
- Chose the standard interior, and my feelings are mixed:
- Hard plastic with a leather texture in the center console feels cheap and isnā€™t well-molded in some areas.
- The beige colour is darker than what you see in the configurator but I still like it.
- Despite the plastic, it still feels well-made, though leather might add more premium details.
- The design feels like it lacked exploration of different materials. For example, the Polestar 2ā€™s interior looks and feels better despite being all plastic.
- Comfortable non-leather seats, though they seem designed for larger people. I need to stretch a bit to comfortably rest my arms on the center console and door rest (Iā€™m 177 cm, 56 kg).
- Bose sound system is excellentā€”very balanced and superior to the Model 3 I drove for two years.
- The laminated glass option makes the cabin quieter, but thereā€™s noticeable noise from the panoramic roof.
- Standard steering wheel instead of the GT wheel, and Iā€™m satisfied with it.
- Door buttons feel a bit flimsy compared to the Polestar 2 and even the Tesla. I feel like I could brake them if pull/press a bit harder.
- Would recommend a more premium interior option if you want better finishes. The center console is the most disappointing aspect of the standard interior.
- I didn't spec the sport sound and I kind of regret it because the car has very nice sound designs (minus the belt rattle)
- The laminated glass has some strange pattern/cutout around the rear mirror that is bit ugly but you only notice it when you are looking directly at it.
-Interior is specious but the visibility is sporty. You don't get the same Papa Mobile vibe you get in the Tesla like you are driving an aquarium. Which I miss but I do like the extra privacy the macan gives.

Charging
- No issues with charging the car.
- I use the Charge Connect (the one with the display)ā€”itā€™s the only way to have more control over charging, which is disappointing since this should be standard.
- Portugal doesn't support Porsche Charging Card because of Mobi.e's monopoly on the charging infrastructure in the country. Which is sad because this cancels the Plug&Charge feature. I was really looking forward to having a unified charging experience. Porsche Porto gave an alternative card for charging that works for the local system but that's just annoying they they kick you out of the ecosystem.

Comfort Entry
- Works well for locking and unlocking the car.
- Tried using a gesture to open the frunk, but it didnā€™t work.

Innodrive
- Smooth cornering, but the stalk takes some time to get used to.
- Occasionally received emergency shutdown warnings, with the seatbelt tightening as if the car thought I was having a medical emergency. This happened even while I was alert and driving on the highway. I wore a cap so maybe it couldn't see my eyes or something?!

Infotainment
- Super responsive! Although Iā€™m not a fan of the redesign, itā€™s ok.
- I wish the black theme had more contrast, similar to the Taycan.
- The user experience is so well-done that you could use it without CarPlay if the built-in navigation included speed cameras and more accurate routes (it sometimes takes me down narrow roads where Google Maps and Waze donā€™t).

Driving
- The Macan 4 offers plenty of power, with smooth steering (optioned the Powersteer Plus and rear steering).
- Initially regretted that 4 doesn't have the torque vectoring option, but the driving experience is already fantasticā€”much better than the Polestar 2, Model 3, Model Y, Audi Q5, Defender, and Fiat 500e (the cars I've driven. The most specced one was the Audi and the Macan beats that).
- I miss one-pedal driving, but the precision of the brake and accelerator pedals makes up for it, and I even prefer this setup in some situations.
- The gentle creeping is well-implemented, making it great for slow traffic.
- For a new driver like me, I enjoy the communication light that warns me of danger šŸ˜…

Off-Road Performance
- Tried a trail, and the Macan 4 managed decently but not as well as a Defender so I am not taking it to Iceland that's for sure šŸ˜…
- Experienced some aggressive bouncing over uneven terrain, even when driving slowly.
- Overall, itā€™s more suited for city driving rather than serious off-roading.

Issues
- Had issues with the car not going into drive, often due to doors not being fully closedā€”learning to slam the doors properly now. Sometimes it happens if you don't put your seatbelt on but only sometimes ?!
- Experienced a rattle from the passenger seatbelt, but adjusting it fixed it (mostly).
- Pedestrian sound error on the dash, then disappeared and couldn't find it int he notifications.

Overall it's just a magical thing to drive. I totally understand the following of the brand and why people get very religious about it. Not going to be my only Porsche that's for sure šŸ˜…

Code: https://www.porsche-code.com/PRWPMFX5

View attachment 60390

DO01010218.jpg

DO01010220.jpg

DO01010226.jpg

View attachment 60392

DO01010229.jpg

View attachment 60394

DO01010233.jpg

DO01010235.jpg

DO01010236.jpg

DO01010237.jpg

View attachment 60400

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 16.55.22.jpg
Thank you for the amazing review and congrats on the new car. You Coming from a Tesla makes your input very very important to me. I am coming from a model s and used to the fsd. You mentioned your Macan cornered well and thatā€™s exactly and only what I wanted to do. Be able to follow the lane and traffic for when in traffic jams and cruising on highway. You coming from model 3 which is one of the most fun and fast teslas to drive makes it interesting you found the Macan fun and fast which is great news.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Whatā€™s the best way to resolve the seat belt rattle ā€” adding a seat belt clip, sticking soft material on back of seatbelt, or third-party seatbelt cover?
Third part seatbelt cover worked for me: I'll post later in the "Modifications and Customizations" section

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Thank you for the amazing review and congrats on the new car. You Coming from a Tesla makes your input very very important to me. I am coming from a model s and used to the fsd. You mentioned your Macan cornered well and thatā€™s exactly and only what I wanted to do. Be able to follow the lane and traffic for when in traffic jams and cruising on highway. You coming from model 3 which is one of the most fun and fast teslas to drive makes it interesting you found the Macan fun and fast which is great news.
Youā€™re very welcome! Honestly, driving this car has been such a joy compared to the Tesla that I almost forgot about Innodrive altogetherā€”I only remembered to test it at the last moment before taking an exit on the highway. The visualizations are impressiveā€”quite similar to Teslaā€™s, though not as detailed. I havenā€™t had the chance to test it in traffic yet, but Iā€™ll make sure to do so and share my thoughts. The only downside for me is the stalkā€”it feels like overkill. Teslaā€™s streamlined one-button approach is fantastic in comparison. Iā€™ve heard that the HUD enhances the Innodrive experience, but I canā€™t really speak to that yet. However, the visualization on the dash is clear enough to see when itā€™s engaged.