• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
It sounds like Burmester and Bose are not so good, at least in the Taycan. Considering the huge price difference, less is the better IMO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
Even though I live in a mild climate ( not much freezing) I opted out of electric charge port doors mainly because I did not get a good answer on what you do if it does not open. Is there a manual release? Anyway I figure I am at the port location about to plug in so why can’t I just push to pop it open. Seems like it’s another thing that can go wrong but I suppose it’s kind of cool. Anyway after I watched a YouTube reviewer fiddle with it I skipped it.
I definitely understand your perspective and thought almost exactly the same until days before my freeze date.

Also thought it might be a combination of preproduction and/or technique. As Steve Jobs infamously said: ”you’re holding it wrong” … and then Apple fixed the antenna problem.

I closely studied the technique in the owner’s manual and am hoping fot the best. Am also considering assigning one of the diamond buttons to this feature as backup. We’ll see.

Will give the forum an honest review of this decision when I take delivery hopefully in 7 to 10 days. But you will probably have yours sooner as it either already was or soon will be unloaded from Amethyst Ace.

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
It sounds like Burmester and Bose are not so good, at least in the Taycan. Considering the huge price difference, less is the better IMO
Base is very poor, Bose is really solid, Burm is very nice but unnecessary.

People are very particular about sound systems, some people will claim they're mediocre, others amazing.

But you want Bose. The base Porsche system is very limited. Bose adds a number of speakers, amp, etc.. If you trust me on anything, trust me that you want to spec Bose.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
The manual charge port is not something you ever think about when opening. It’s natural, reliable and very easy.

the only advantage of the powered one is that you do not need to jump back out of the car to close it if you didn’t do it properly when unplugging.

this probably happens around once a month for me but I still wouldn’t have specced powered because I actually like the simple reliability of manual - especially when we travel up into the snow and need to charge. I know I can de-ice and use a little force if needed without worrying.