• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Hi,

would like to have a feel of consumption and range based on different configs. So it would be nice to have a thread where owners can post their findings …
Ideally they mention the config, like 4, 4s, Turbo, wheel size, temperature, wind conditions, average speed etc …

Car (Rear/4/4S/Turbo):
Tyre Size:
Temperature (F/C):
Wind Conditions No/Headwind/Tailwind:
Altitude change 0/+m/-m:
Road conditions Wet/Dry:
City/Highway:
Average Speed (km/h Miles/h):
Average consumption (kWh/100km kWh/mile):
Predicted Range at 100%:
Real Range at 100%:

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
One of the most useful things we can get is a chunk of mileage at highway speeds with miles driven, battery % used, and kwh/100 mi along with temperature & wheel size. Even better if we can get a photo of the trip computer. Other things can influence range but those samples help provide a really solid baseline.

Startup and city driving are less relevant as they can vastly differ.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT ,Macan 4 ordered
Country flag
Hi,

would like to have a feel of consumption and range based on different configs. So it would be nice to have a thread where owners can post their findings …
Ideally they mention the config, like 4, 4s, Turbo, wheel size, temperature, wind conditions, average speed etc …

Car (Rear/4/4S/Turbo):
Tyre Size:
Temperature (F/C):
Road conditions Wet/Dry:
City/Highway:
Average Speed (km/h Miles/h):
Average consumption (kWh/100km kWh/mile):
Predicted Range at 100%:
Real Range at 100%:
Living in the Alps, not in Belgium ;) ... a very important factor is to have the same altitude, at the start and at the finish, for the route concerned for a consumption measurement

The reduction in consumption with my Taycan is significant, by optimizing the use of "cruise" mode, without obviously forgetting recovery when braking (1% more battery for 300 m of negative elevation gain , approximatively)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Living in the Alps, not in Belgium ;) ... a very important factor is to have the same altitude, at the start and at the finish, for the route concerned for a consumption measurement

The reduction in consumption with my Taycan is significant, by optimizing the use of "cruise" mode, without obviously forgetting recovery when braking (1% more battery for 300 m of negative elevation gain , approximatively)
Good catch, thought I had them all, added altitude change
Though we do have mountain in Belgium 😂😂

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Here first data based on my first 264 km done (two days)
Note: some "brutal" acceleration and some time spent playing with the infotainment with car on (so driving time and average speed are not correct).

Car (Rear/4/4S/Turbo): Macan4
Tyre Size: 21" rims with Michelin
Temperature (F/C): from 12 to 20°C - light rain
Altitude change 0/+m/-m: round trip from 770meters to 300 and back
Road conditions Wet/Dry: almost dry
City/Highway: Local roads with limits fro 50 to 90 km/h
Average Speed (km/h Miles/h): 43 km/h (average of the two days) see details below
Average consumption (kWh/100km kWh/mile): 19,4 kWh/100 km (average of the two days) see details below
Predicted Range at 100%: not checked
Real Range at 100%: N.A.

Details:

Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 IMG_5025
Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 IMG_5026
Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 IMG_5027
Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 IMG_5028

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Diego That's not bad at all, actually quite nice! That would be 489 km or 303 miles, on 21s, including startup and some loss for weather and with some limited regen for the new car.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@PanameraFrank Thanks Frank, yes I'm quite satisfied at the moment but I have to do some usual road that I know well and I usually did with my Tesla before making an evaluation. I know that the car will consume more but I also know that it's a completely different car (aerodynamic is great but it's an SUV and it weight something like 500 kg. more than a Tesla M3)

bogomya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Country flag
Nice results @Diego!
Also just found a consumption test of Audi Q6 (same battery + PPE platform). Interesting to see how different the Macan EV's results will be.

OP
OP

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
@Diego That is really good, and you are the first of hopefully a populated thread. Nice to see that the altitude difference was really well absorbed so regen must be quite good!

TomekGnomek

First Name
Tomek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
My avg consumption (Macan 4) keeps dropping.
There is a big drop after regen kicked in.
Last one was with heating on (climate, seats and wheel) as temps in Poland dropped below 10C.
All drives are fun including highway above limit.
Not bad...

Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 IMG_8426 2

PorscheManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3 - Porsche Cayenne Turbo - BMW 320d
Country flag
My avg consumption (Macan 4) keeps dropping.
There is a big drop after regen kicked in.
Last one was with heating on (climate, seats and wheel) as temps in Poland dropped below 10C.
All drives are fun including highway above limit.
Not bad...

IMG_8426 2.jpeg
Great info ! After how many kms the Regeneration kicks-off ?