• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW i5, MB C-Class
Country flag
can't both be true?
if he's sayign regen doesn't start till after X number of KhW are used...those KwH would still equate to miles. If a battery needs to be depleted first, doesn't it equal out to be about the same 300+ miles / 1 full battery state ?
You're talking about two completely different things, and also misunderstanding what was meant by "battery depletion". You've also missed the reference to "from new".

The Macan and Taycan (and I assume other electric vehicles) don't activate regen for the initial 300 or so miles FROM NEW. This is to bed the brakes in, which is something ALL vehicles need when new. If regen was available, the friction brakes would be used a lot less, and therefore impede the bedding in process. Once this period has passed, the regen will then be activated. This process is entirely automatic and handled by the car. macanchan was suggesting that this process was a myth, but has since accepted it is a thing.

The other system behaviour where regen will not happen is when the battery is at 100% charge. It makes sense because how can you charge a battery which is full? After a few miles, when the battery charge drops, regen will then become active again.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold:Taycan 4, Now Macan 4
Country flag
@Throb After 10 days of Macan, following 3 years of Taycan, I can tell you that the braking is different.
When leaving the dealership , regen was immediately active...

Compared to the Taycan , braking is much more biting when pressing the pedal, especially at low speed.
That , perhaps, explain that bedding is not necessary ?

You don't really feel the "no regen mode" of the Taycan after a stop of more than 6 hours.
Another thing, i've seen brake pad dust on the wheel , that was rare with the Taycan.

May be the setting on my car are special ?

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW i5, MB C-Class
Country flag
@Throb After 10 days of Macan, following 3 years of Taycan, I can tell you that the braking is different.
When leaving the dealership , regen was immediately active...

Compared to the Taycan , braking is much more biting when pressing the pedal, especially at low speed.
That , perhaps, explain that bedding is not necessary ?

You don't really feel the "no regen mode" of the Taycan after a stop of more than 6 hours.
Another thing, i've seen brake pad dust on the wheel , that was rare with the Taycan.

May be the setting on my car are special ?
I don't have my Macan yet, so can't really comment. It's listed in the manual, however.

Pitteken

First Name
Maarten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan 4 Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Back on topic:

Car (Rear/4/4S/Turbo): 4
Tyre Size: 22’

these are highway conditions. I leave at 5 am and have no traffic at all. When i return around 3:30 pm there is more traffic and traffic jams. So my average drops significantly. The last photo is my average until now

Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 IMG_8537

Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 IMG_8538

Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 IMG_8539

OP
OP

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Back on topic:

Car (Rear/4/4S/Turbo): 4
Tyre Size: 22’

these are highway conditions. I leave at 5 am and have no traffic at all. When i return around 3:30 pm there is more traffic and traffic jams. So my average drops significantly. The last photo is my average until now

IMG_8539.jpg
That is my October average in an iX on 22 inch wheels as well, including a trip to Champagne totaling 600km. So pretty comparable consumption (I drive 127 on the highway when I can, you can probably guess why ). Hope that I get the car by end of October, it’s at the detailer for ppf as we speak.

mecan75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan 4
780kms on macan 4 here. 22inch. Regen isn’t available immediately when new but starts working within the first 100km or less. Different to the Taycan where it was easily 400km.

The max regen available is shown on the powermeter also and increases as the battery loses charge from 100%. I’m pretty sure max regen is available at 80%.

Range estimates on the car are a bit all over the place. I’m suspicious enough about them but will see. It changes dramatically when turning the heating up full for example. (Which I never had to do in the Taycan but it’s mega slow to warm the car otherwise.) I’m not sure what else affects the estimate but there is big swings in it.

Also, with low state of charge (20%) and a cold battery it was giving range warnings and the range was very low. Extrapolating out the range it was less than 200kms if battery was full.

it’s definitely much more of a guessometer compared to the Taycan.

Consumptjon compared ST GTS is about 1km / kWh extra though which is very useful. I’ve been driving with AC off predominantly.

loads of little software glitches also. So an update will be welcome. Rattle from drivers roof handle is annoying, occasional creak in drivers seat and failed rear camera (water) are all annoying.

some good improvements to the software in some places vs Taycan and some things not as good. Be very easy to improve. Still miffed at no recoup button on the wheel and just the joker button.

it feels like it’s at a diff price point to a Taycan re materials etc.. which it is..

Overall happier in it than the Taycan, suits mine and the family needs better. It also feels sharper down a twisty also. (Both have RWS.)