• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Standard interior ain't that good.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
You can tell this guy is there purposely on a mission to trash the car!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
You can tell this guys is there purposely on a mission to trash the car!!!
Hahah totally!

However:
- The flexing of the dashboard's communication light is a bit concerning.
- The non-GT wheel looks too plasticy (my spec is with non-GT and I have some regrets).
- Non-leather/standard might have some bad material choices. For instance the Polestar 2 and 3 have no leather and inside it feels nice and well made.

I'll confirm if my mistakes were as big as this guy says 😅

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
I'm not worried; I don't have 200 pounds of arms to crush my car :rolleyes:. I can’t even recall the last time that happened 🤔 . If I hear a squeeze while driving, I’ll be annoyed. The last time I experienced that was in a Japanese car.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is clearly someone who has no clue how Porsche plays mind games with their packaging and makes a ton of money from endless options. The entire point is to be disappointed with the standard anything and option for more, it is that simple. I have accepted this after I under optioned our first purchase and then never compromised on anything after, so you do not regret anything. The only good news is that in the US, a good number of option packages are available (premium, technology, etc.) than in other regions that are cheaper than a sum of individual options.

OP
OP

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
The guy sounds like a total jerk for sure but I am worried cos I went ‘cheap mode’ on the interior without knowing, thinking I am just skipping the leather. 💔 I am hoping he is just overexposing the whole situation.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Very interesting. Wish this video was out when I was making some decisions.

Well...all things are relative. Most of what he pointed out was honestly no big deal for me. I did option the Sport steering wheel with Carbon Fiber because I came from Tesla and hated all the plastic on that wheel. That said the standard anything in the Macan is miles ahead of Tesla. Sure, leather stitching on the dash looks good but I have found I don't miss it. I sat in a standard interior in the ICE Macan and it was fine. The door trim looked tight and well fitted (not glued on with no trim tuck like the Tesla). The 14 or 18 ways seats go along way to upgrade the entire interior experience so I did option for the 18 way. Finally, I am more concerned about squeaks when I drive than when someone is poking their finger into the material. Not convinced that the poke test is a decision making test for a real world choice anyway.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The guy sounds like a total jerk for sure but I am worried cos I went ‘cheap mode’ on the interior without knowing, thinking I am just skipping the leather. 💔 I am hoping he is just overexposing the whole situation.
A common theme in his video is.. he keeps touching stuff you will literally never touch. The touch surfaces all remain good quality.

He also made a fuss about the intentionally haptic portion of the climate screen.

You're good, don't worry.

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
yeah, i didn't even finish this video...i could tell what he was about

DTaxman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLS, E class
Country flag
To a point, that type of video is helpful as it gives you some amount of idea of the sensory experience; however, after a minute I couldn’t keep watching. Gave me a bit of the nails on the chalkboard feel.