• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Unprotected cheap floor vent...

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I learned the hard way that there’s an exposed vent under the seat. My AirPods slipped inside, and it took me a solid 10 minutes to fish them out. There’s no protective mesh or guard to prevent small items from falling in, which could easily lead to clogging—especially with kids in the back. On top of that, the plastic around the vent looks quite cheap, which is disappointing for a 100k+ car... Lucid, for example, has similar vents that are well-designed and properly protected. It’s a shame to see such cost-cutting. Porsche should recall and install proper vents, this is a joke really.

Edit: It seems it's a normal car thing. Lucid's are exposed but most car makers hide them under the seat so you don't see them. However you still can get your things lost (the white thing in one of the holes are my AirPods)

First image - Porsche Macan 4
Second image - Lucid Air

Electric Macan EV Unprotected cheap floor vent... IMG_5496
Electric Macan EV Unprotected cheap floor vent... Screenshot 2024-10-26 at 21.05.08

Last edited:

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
Quite right, and it's very strange coming from Porsche.
I'm sure @Diego will find us something useful again in the aftermarket 😜

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S ordered PSE7UUQ8. Dec 20 Delivery
Country flag
Agree, that looks horrible. Can someone that has a delivery confirm that they are all that way?

OP
OP
nulled

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
After some research it seems that it's a car thing. Cayenne, Ford, Bmw, Jaguar and others have these vents. Wasn't able to find any aftermarket covers. Maybe in a few months?!

Last edited:

Fly4ever

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Kuga 2.5T (Stage 1 tuned @240PS)
Country flag
...if until time comes and get my Macan around mid 2025 nothing shows up as a solution either from Porsche themselves or aftermarket, I will certainly could design something nice in Blender and have it 3D printed for my car.Took a look to similar parts from other cars,most likely won't be difficult, seems quite simple in design,not such big of a deal...!

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
After some research it seems that it's a car thing. Cayenne, Ford, Bmw, Jaguar and others have these vents. Wasn't able to find any aftermarket covers. Maybe in a few months?!
So another case of “nothing to see folks, I overreacted”? 🙃