• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So 4S seems to be the sweet spot for spec, value and power.
Yup. I'd encourage anyone to go test a Taycan 4S vs Turbo if they're wondering about power or a Taycan 4S vs an iPace/CT4 to compare the 4 vs 4S.

My iPace (about the same speed as a Macan 4) did not feel especially fast. Quick, not fast. My Taycan 4S felt supercar fast. The Taycan Turbo feels gimmicky fast.

I genuinely prefer the 4S power, it's the sweet spot of "crazy fast but I can still punch it sometimes". I can go weeks driving fairly aggressively and never take my Turbo S past half throttle.

Last edited:

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
I just spec’d out a very nearly identical 4S Macan to a turbo. By the time I added in the different options that are standard on the turbo but not the 4S, yet keeping all other options the same, the turbo was $10,000 US more. I doubt that anyone doing the same would not find a very different amount, due mostly of course by the higher same-option price on the 4S and compounded in my case since I have lots of options. Still $10K is a large amount and as posted above, the 4S will be the sweet spot for many.

Guessing that for some that difference would be way, way closer to the $20,400 no-option MSRP’s.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I just spec’d out a very nearly identical 4S Macan to a turbo. By the time I added in the different options that are standard on the turbo but not the 4S, yet keeping all other options the same, the turbo was $10,000 US more. I doubt that anyone doing the same would not find a very different amount, due mostly of course by the higher same-option price on the 4S and compounded in my case since I have lots of options. Still $10K is a large amount and as posted above, the 4S will be the sweet spot for many.

Guessing that for some that difference would be way, way closer to the $20,400 no-option MSRP’s.
In my case, it’s only $8k difference between the 4S and Turbo… not sure it’s worth the downgrade.

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag

My original Turbo spec is fairly heavily loaded with options so when I build a 4S to pick up all of the standard equipment of the Turbo plus match the options, the difference is just over $4k Canadian dollars. Maybe I've made a mistake. Here are the codes if anyone is interested:

Turbo - PSU1YSE3 Macan Turbo Electric | Porsche Car Configurator
4S - PSXSTJM6 Macan 4S Electric | Porsche Car Configurator

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
In my case, it’s only $8k difference between the 4S and Turbo… not sure it’s worth the downgrade.
I would not downgrade….
My Turbo build is about 10k close to a comparable 4S build, but you have a remarkable extra of power (think my Taycan 4S pre Facelift is very close to a Macan 4S) and the exterior looks different (imho better).
so my two cent: upgrade from a Macan 4: yes, downgrade from turbo: no

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My original Turbo spec is fairly heavily loaded with options so when I build a 4S to pick up all of the standard equipment of the Turbo plus match the options, the difference is just over $4k Canadian dollars. Maybe I've made a mistake. Here are the codes if anyone is interested:

Turbo - PSU1YSE3 Macan Turbo Electric | Porsche Car Configurator
4S - PSXSTJM6 Macan 4S Electric | Porsche Car Configurator
Looks right, the more expensive the options you get on the Turbo, the more save vs the 4S.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would not downgrade….
My Turbo build is about 10k close to a comparable 4S build, but you have a remarkable extra of power (think my Taycan 4S pre Facelift is very close to a Macan 4S) and the exterior looks different (imho better).
so my two cent: upgrade from a Macan 4: yes, downgrade from turbo: no
Spent some time reviewing both trims and agreed, the outside of the Turbo (especially the front) looks much better I find. And being able to paint the lower rear fascia is nice too!

Funny enough, I asked my SA if they already have allocations for the 4S and while he doesn't know yet, he told me he expected some of his Turbo buyers to ask that.

Last edited:

meerec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS MY22 I Macan 4S PSZUSJE6 Jet Black
Country flag
My difference between Turbo and 4S specs was A$8K and it’s a significant enough saving for me to have switched my order to 4S. Going 4S and can’t wait 😜

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The other piece is that with the Turbo, options represent 6% of the total price of the car.
With a similarly spec’d 4S, options would represent an eye watering 19%.

Will be interesting to see how both devaluate over time. Terribly or truly terribly? 😅

Bertone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C30, Volvo 780
Country flag
If I re-spec my MY24 Macan 4 (ordered and frozen) into MY25 Macan 4S here in Norway - I got a markup of approx. of USD 8,100 / EUR 7,400.

And that's w/o the PTV+ I kindof really wanted (N/A on Macan 4), i.e. an additional add-on for the 4S of USD 1,700 / EUR 1,550. So I guess I'm still quite pleased with my current 4 order. :involve:

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4, MINI Cooper S
Country flag
If I re-spec my MY24 Macan 4 (ordered and frozen) into MY25 Macan 4S here in Norway - I got a markup of approx. of USD 8,100 / EUR 7,400.

And that's w/o the PTV+ I kindof really wanted (N/A on Macan 4), i.e. an additional add-on for the 4S of USD 1,700 / EUR 1,550. So I guess I'm still quite pleased with my current 4 order. :involve:
Same for me. Frozen and ordered. Re-specking my 4 into a S means a marked up price of € 5,680. Nevertheles, the 20” wheels are free. I would have chosen them because they are the same as my Taycan wheels. There was no choice for decent 20” wheels on the 4 except the ugly ones. Without the 21” wheels, the difference is only € 3,470… I would have chosen the S but it’s too late now…

Alb4tor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC40 EV
Country flag
I had plans for a Macan 4 but am now wondering if a more simple RWD Macan with a few extra options wouldn't be a better choice. Even though I live in Switzerland, occasionally (rarely) driving on snowy mountain roads, 4 winter tires + proper traction control should do the trick. I don't care for extra torque / hp.
What do you think? Should a Porsche be RWD? but a Porsche Macan AWD?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had plans for a Macan 4 but am now wondering if a more simple RWD Macan with a few extra options wouldn't be a better choice. Even though I live in Switzerland, occasionally (rarely) driving on snowy mountain roads, 4 winter tires + proper traction control should do the trick. I don't care for extra torque / hp.
What do you think? Should a Porsche be RWD? but a Porsche Macan AWD?
The RWD is a bad choice for you, get a 4 or 4S. Period. You lose more than you'd think going to the RWD and it's an SUV that will be surprisingly capable with AWD.

I'm a huge proponent of "if there could ever be a time when you wish you had AWD. get AWD" for safety, if nothing else. Not only snow but you're driving through the mountains and hit rain? Gravel on the road? Suddenly find yourself on a steep dirt road? Etc. Sure, RWD is probably fine but the peace of mind is worth it.

Last edited: