• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Acoustically Laminated Privacy Glass Unavailable

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S ordered PSJLTQR5
Country flag
I read this and immediately contacted my SA, as I have the same delivery date. He sent me a screenshot of my order. It's still a 9/30 freeze, and it's still a 12/3 delivery for me. If the acoustic glass situation causes a delay, that'll suck, but it's not so important that I'll wait for it.
Thanks for letting me know your situation. Glad yours is still on track. Let me know if it holds on the timeline. Had I not seen his screenshot it would have made me a bit suspicious. Maybe mine was in line after yours. Good luck.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had both. I'd spec it given the option, but I'd shrug it off if it's not available.

I should also note the jump from 20" tires to 21s or especially 22s will likely introduce more noise than acoustic glass eliminates.

So if you're looking to reduce cabin noise, smaller tires are the best place to start. Then acoustic glass. But I wouldn't be too concerned over missing out, it's nice but hardly game changing.

bibilon2024

First Name
Bjorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maserati QP
Country flag
I would think that the difference with or without laminated glass is most noticeable on the motorway as wind and tyres will make themselves heart. I don't care about city driving.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
People on the taycan forum seem fine with the standard glass.
People do not seem fine with it on the Taycan forum. There are pros and cons to this option and for absolute clarity this is the option we are talking about below.

The biggest reason this would be a must have for me is because Macan windows are frameless just like Taycan, so standard glass is very thin and flimsy with doors open (on the Taycan), where this option makes the glass more substantial being double pane with inner layer in between. However, the downside is cell phone reception, although I have no issues, even after tinting all windows but front, and then having very thick front window protection film (Exoshield). Also, you have to place the toll road readers in a particular spot near the mirror.

Since Taycan has very large sunroof, I have not noticed much of heat protection, even on a mild day, interior getting hot pretty quickly, but having pre-conditioning option, makes it a non-issue for short stops or cooling the car down before a drive if standing outside in direct sun. Also, Taycan is so low to the ground and so quiet, I am not noticing any acoustic protection either, I can hear physical brakes at work, road noise on a local road or on a highway (all-season 21-inch tires), brake noises from other cars, or music from other cars.

Macan EV Acoustically Laminated Privacy Glass Unavailable 1726500816927-ry

Last edited:

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Not sure I have any protection on my Modal 3 and it gets pretty bad inside without preconditioning. I drove a Q5 recently that had thermal and noise isolation and I could tell the difference for sure. Didn't have to drive with sunglasses that's for sure. But if you've never been in a car without this pack, then you will not miss it. 😅