• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Is this new UI a mistake or for real?

bogomya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Country flag
For me personally it doesn't matter is it tinted or solid black, what is really important is responsivness of new android-based PCM. It's just on another level. Current Taycan/911 UI is waaay slower, it operates like 10+ year old system. Such a shame for cars in 100k+ price range.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
I can't tell you about the new software update but the system on the demo car I have seen (only static test) was way faster than the one on my Tesla M3. The guys from Porsche told me that the new one is even faster (but in a few days I will tell you the truth since my car is on its way from Leipzig to my dealer ;) )

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
The theme color in the instrument cluster didn't seem as bright IRL as those renders show. There is also a black theme option, so no worries ;)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did see a video of the black UI but now I can't find it. I also saw it in person and I think you'll be satisfied. I'll add the video if I find it.

OP
OP

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I don’t think it’s as good as Taycan’s but there you go, some shots of the dash with black theme. Macan’s dash feels like made by an UI designer where the Taycan’s feels like made by someone who used to make physical gauge clusters.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don’t think it’s as good as Taycan’s but there you go, some shots of the dash with black theme. Macan’s dash feels like made by an UI designer where the Taycan’s feels like made by someone who used to make physical gauge clusters.
The Macan system -is- made by a UI designer. Porsche scrapped their internal system after years of failure building it, and switched to an outsourced Android based system.

OP
OP

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The Macan system -is- made by a UI designer. Porsche scrapped their internal system after years of failure building it, and switched to an outsourced Android based system.
I saw. That’s why everything looks like bunch of download bars 🥹