• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Launch control

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
I hope I am not asking a silly question. What is launch control in Macan ev? They listed two horsepowers and acceleration times ones with and ones without launch control. So what is it? Is it flooring the pedal while in sport plus mode? Or is there anything similar to holding brake then flooring gas then releasing brakes like in sporty ICE cars?

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is the data on the differences between Power vs. Overboost Power (with LC):

Electric Macan EV Launch control 1729633887659-ty

This is the explanation of Launch Control.
Please refer to the manual on required conditions and how to engage it.
Have fun!

Electric Macan EV Launch control 1729633770785-58

ketje78

First Name
Gert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne GTS ā€˜23 - 911 992.1 Carrera S ā€˜20
Country flag
In addition to the above - to activate it, I suspect itā€™s like all my other Porsches - you press both brake and accelleration pedals at the same time while in Sport or Sport Plus mode until your dash will inducate Launch Control is active and then release the brake pedal. My Macan Turbo is arriving in port tomorrow, so canā€™t confirm first hand itā€™s the same on this car.

Be warned though - thatā€™s a lot of extra sudden power (especially in my 911) so be ready for some snapback and only do it on a wide, onubstructed straight lineā€¦

CandianPorsche83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag

I think at about the 9:37 mark it shows the driver stepping on both Brake and Accelerator pedals and the dash lights up in Blue to indicate Launch Control is on.