• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yesterday i had the chance to test drive the macan (turbo) at the PEC Hockenheimring.
Coming from an Taycan 4S ST it was very very convincing. Many impressions after nearly two hours of driving. A very agile car with a "funny" amount of power...

only little "downer": no icegrey macan there :( But a very nice event!

Some pictures attached

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5871

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5872

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5865

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5866 - Kopie

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5867

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5869

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5884

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5874

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5876

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5875

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5877

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5878

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5879

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
awesome! Thanks for sharing! Any other insights on production and delivery? Were you also able to play with the software?

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
No factory insignts- Hockenheimring...

Yes, i was able to play with the software. Good impression so far- Fast reactions and everything known from the taycan. Could not really find something buggy, not working, but my focus was more on driving...

Another impression: Important not to mix e.g. turbonite window blades with glossy black sideblades and so on. The only configfurations i did not really like....

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_5893

Last edited:

And376

First Name
Andrzej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Great pics! Just wonder - Did Porsche mentioned to you when PTS will be officially available? I want to order Macan in Nardo Grey so am waiting for that Paint to Sample option.

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
yeah, the turbonite config was a bit buggy. As soon you add the black roof blades, the window blades get black too and then the only thing that is left in turbonite are the front and side blades and the back trim. So I finally went with all black and added the carbon blades instead.

Really hard, as all the configurations are looking great

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@And376 : Sorry, no Info about PTS...

@Jetced : Yes, so many ways to config a nice macan.

Another point: On all vids and pics i did not expect that the turbo front looks so much different (imho better) than the 4 front.

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
@And376 : Sorry, no Info about PTS...

@Jetced : Yes, so many ways to config a nice macan.

Another point: On all vids and pics i did not expect that the turbo front looks so much different (imho better) than the 4 front.
What was your impression of the 21 inch Macan Turbo wheels after seeing them in person?

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What was your impression of the 21 inch Macan Turbo wheels after seeing them in person?
To be honest: I would prefer the macan design wheel in case of 21. The 21 Turbo wheels look better then expected (Did absolutely not like them in the configurator) but seeing them live was ok.

In general (and obviously) i was surprised how remarkably the height of the air supsension influences the appereance of the car.

Everything imho!

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
Nice! Photo 3, 4 and 5 is Crayon? “Krijt” in Dutch. A paint to sample color, but not yet possible to order. My freezing date is next week.

And the inevitable question: how come you were able to drive it and for the whole Dutch population there was only ONE static car two weeks ago…

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Nice! Photo 3, 4 and 5 is Crayon? “Krijt” in Dutch. A paint to sample color, but not yet possible to order. My freezing date is next week.

And the inevitable question: how come you were able to drive it and for the whole Dutch population there was only ONE static car two weeks ago…
Nope- Provence! the picture does not clearly give the colour, was surprised too. It looks more like provence on the display of my iphone.

No idea... i was not the only one there...

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
you said that you were surprised about how the air suspension influences look of the car. In what way?

bogomya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Country flag
Could you please share more details about the "driving" feeling (comparing to your 4S ST) ?

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@shawn: The height of the air supension.

@bogomya: A remarkable amount of additional power. Am drving my second Taycan 4S now and decided 2022 that i do not feel an extra power in an GTS. But this was a clear extra amount of power, immediately "to feel"....
Driving was also completely different, especially "cornering". But my Taycan is not equipped with rear-axle-steering or PTV...

Mrh335

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
How would you describe the driving experience comparison? Does the Macan drive like a car or like a SUV? Does it have that curb appeal that you get with a Taycan? I am very much ion the fence and would really value your comparison as I am interested in a used Taycan Turbo S vs a Macan EV Turbo as they are the same price, but very different all around. I prefer cars over SUVs, but love the curb appeal of the Taycan. For this kind of money, I want the driving feel to be worth the price.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the pictures and impressions @grizzler, great stuff!!
Especially looking at the Turbo wheels, I am getting more and more into them in 21"... but not liking them at all in 20" based on your pics. Maybe due to the sidewall of the tires?

Another impression: Important not to mix e.g. turbonite window blades with glossy black sideblades and so on. The only configfurations i did not really like....
This was also my impression when I saw the Macan Turbo at the NY Auto Show.
Turbonite doesn't work well with high gloss black - appreciate the confirmation!