• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Daniel15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
As someone who listens to the stereo on a daily basis (Spotify, Sirius XM etc), it really blows the Bose out of the water
SiriusXM has an extremely low bitrate, something like 48kbps per channel, so I'm surprised it'd sound better with a better sound system. The difference would definitely be noticeable with a high-quality audio source (like songs in lossless FLAC format via TIDAL, Qobuz, Apple Music, your own Plex server using Plexamp, etc)

I'll have to see if any of the local dealers have a car equipped with it, to try it out. I'm not an audiophile so for me personally I'm not sure if it's worth the price.

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
Just an fyi, it is fake sound but not ICE version. It is amplification of the electric motors.
is that so? sounds a lil too deep for electric... but whatever. something like that I think should be standard

OP
OP
Fun TC Driving

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
tmrqs said:
Thanks for the feedback!

Particularly interested in your comparison with your current BMW: handling, acceleration, cornering, comfort, everything. ;)
The Porsche corners flatter and better than the BMW ix M60. The BMW is the winner in instantaneous acceleration, e.g., from every point less than 60 MPH (did not try it faster than that), it is jerky-faster, snapping your head back more sharply than in the Macan turbo, but the Macan has a faster 0-60 time, so while the BMW starts out faster, the Porsche’s pull is more constant/consistent — and again gets one to 60 MPH about 0.1 second faster in the Macan turbo.

As to comfort, the Porsche is very comfortable but nothing compares to the BMW being like on a great, luxurious super-fast couch. I have always noted that the BMW is an A+ for comfort and accomplishment (except for its massive, relying almost exclusively giant IP screen), but other than its near catapult initial acceleration, the BMW is not the “e-ticket thrill ride” I want in my every vehicle.

In summary, if I could get out of my BMW lease tomorrow and move to the Macan Turbo without significant financial penalty, I would do so.

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
One other option that so far has left us on the fence is the ”Power Charge Port Cover @ $580.

Even in the Porsche viddo in the Owner’s Manual, this is the best they show us.

Sorry Porsche but does you single video image mean we need to place all four fingers on the charge cover in that exact location, hold it there for ??? seconds, or does it show we should hold our four fingers uniformly a specific distance back from the paint? Inquiring minds want to know.

IMG_5135.jpeg

We all have seen quite a few videographers also fumbling, their needing to make several attempts to get it to open. I hope that when one of us actually has theirs in their garage, that owner can teach us a precise way to 100% open it every single time— for this morning both the BA and I fumbled at least three times each and then with our fingerprints left all over the door, we both succeeded in getting it to open.

Is this an advantage from the older, most-other-brand’s single fingertip “push In against a spring,“ and it always pops out (with only that one fingerprint on it)? I think it is far from an improvement in that regard. It looks cool when it works, but how to get it to work seamlessly the first time every time.

So while we are wanting to choose this option, we will not selected that box until someone shows us (all of us) how every single time without multiple-attempt fingerprint smudges, it opens easily on the first try.

Wanted to be educated and when and if so, we would pay $580 for it.

Remaining to be convinced of the efficacy of this option…. Hopefully one of you can teach us!
I wouldn't take this. Porsche is already replacing/fixing these ports before the cars are delivered to customers. That's a red flag imho ;)
I have electric charge ports on my Taycan, doesn't add a lot of value.

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I wouldn't take this. Porsche is already replacing/fixing these ports before the cars are delivered to customers. That's a red flag imho ;)
I have electric charge ports on my Taycan, doesn't add a lot of value.
I added it to my spec because I have an electric port on the (much cheaper) Tesla and I forget the flap open every time I drive an EV with a manual one. Maybe if you come from an ICE, then it shouldn't be much of a difference.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
One other option that so far has left us on the fence is the ”Power Charge Port Cover @ $580.

Even in the Porsche viddo in the Owner’s Manual, this is the best they show us.

Sorry Porsche but does you single video image mean we need to place all four fingers on the charge cover in that exact location, hold it there for ??? seconds, or does it show we should hold our four fingers uniformly a specific distance back from the paint? Inquiring minds want to know.

IMG_5135.jpeg

We all have seen quite a few videographers also fumbling, their needing to make several attempts to get it to open. I hope that when one of us actually has theirs in their garage, that owner can teach us a precise way to 100% open it every single time— for this morning both the BA and I fumbled at least three times each and then with our fingerprints left all over the door, we both succeeded in getting it to open.

Is this an advantage from the older, most-other-brand’s single fingertip “push In against a spring,“ and it always pops out (with only that one fingerprint on it)? I think it is far from an improvement in that regard. It looks cool when it works, but how to get it to work seamlessly the first time every time.

So while we are wanting to choose this option, we will not selected that box until someone shows us (all of us) how every single time without multiple-attempt fingerprint smudges, it opens easily on the first try.

Wanted to be educated and when and if so, we would pay $580 for it.

Remaining to be convinced of the efficacy of this option…. Hopefully one of you can teach us!
You can always open from the inside...

Taycan powered doors have the aero strip on each door which you need to swipe which may be a better implementation as I'd get OCD with smeared finger marks on the door if you must swipe it.

It may be that touch isn't necessary - the Comfort Opening for the frunk in the Taycan and other models just requires the keys to be present and a wave over the bonnet near the Porsche badge - the Macan charge port door is likely to be similar.

OP
OP
Fun TC Driving

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Sorry to be a posting “downer” but $580 for something that is not working efficiently every-time, to open a very tiny charge port door needs to become figured out. One of us here, prolly a very early owner, will figure out the perfect one finger or hand location so it works every time. Maybe a certain, repeatable swipe would be it. Perhaps having the key fob within a certain minimum distance would be that. However, going back into the car, opening a front door on a very hot, windy, or rainy day, reaching into to click on something would not be not acceptable to me nor my wife

The one finger press on my spring-loaded iX charge cover door works perfectly every time — not turning the cover into a fingerprint mess. That is all that all of us who would get this option are wanting, e.g., a simple, always-works way to open it the first time every time. We wonder what it would turn out to be; regrettably Porsche’s video did not teach us. I am sure Porsche knows what that efficient, repetitive way is — but again looking at all the fumbling that some many video presenters have had to go through to get it to work for them is exactly what my SA and I experienced yesterday, e.g.., not acceptable.

Still on the fence as to whether this option would be part of our order… but once we learn what that exact method is, expect it would be.

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS
Country flag
I initially didn't spec it, but then added it before my build froze. I might regret it very soon. Haha. I will know soon enough when I take delivery Friday late afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
The "difficult to use" electric charge ports was something I noticed when I saw the (static) car. I thought that was something that was related to the demo car but as I can read it wasn't. My SA told me that in addiction to the software update there is also a "fix" to apply to cars before delivering and I wouldn't be surprised if it was something about this port...

I come from an EV (Tesla M3) with an electric charging point but it worked 100% of times I tried to open it so I didn't spec it, IMHO the electric charge ports it doesn't add anything to this car but this is my point of view.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
The one finger press on my spring-loaded iX charge cover door works perfectly every time — not turning the cover into a fingerprint mess.
I have the same with my i4 eDrive 40
So, pointless getting an electric charge port if with the one we are used to works well. When I was speccing it, my Porsche dealer wasn't keen with the electric one either.
Some have mentioned, in the winter, electric one tends to freeze. So, why bother and pay for it.
As always, personal choices, and fun and games configuring a Porsche :)