• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Porsche Macan EV Build Quality And Deep Dive! Not What We Expected...

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Interesting deep review of build quality
by “Out of Spec Detailing”

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
Do you have any of the little issues they complain about? (Panel adjustement with bumpers for instance?)

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
None... but I stopped watching these kinds of videos and following any “influencers” a long time ago... They certainly don't lie, but let's say they tell half the truth....
It was the same when I got the Tesla Model 3: all these gentlemen and tests were saying that the quality of the couplings was bad and the paint poor on ALL cars: well mine was perfect and I have not had in 100000 km any paint problem.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone actually had the time to watch this video and provide a summary of the findings.
Kyle's videos run long all the time with helpful information but no clear structure.

PSPJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e-hybrid, Model 3, EV Macan 4S on order
Country flag
I agree with Diego. When I bought my Tesla in late 2020, so many people on the forums said I needed to take his long checklist of things to look out for. The only thing I found was a little spec of something in the paint (about the size of a grain of sand). People said the paint is bad. I run mine through the car wash and it still looks new after 4 years. Interestingly, I haven't read about anyone else having build issues (excluding software glitches). Luckily we can still inspect the car before taking delivery!

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Luckily we can still inspect the car before taking delivery!
This is one of the thing I could not do when I took delivery of my Tesla: a big parking lot with around 200 cars to be delivered in a single day. The delivery process went like this: SA "What 's your plate number?", "ok, it should be there or there or.... well you can find it, right?". As soon as I found it another SA came and give me 5 minutes to check the car then I had to say if I accept it or not. Let's say that the Macan is more expensive and I got an adeguate delivery ;) 😂

PSPJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e-hybrid, Model 3, EV Macan 4S on order
Country flag
Wow! I picked mine up in December 2020. It was parked right out front of the dealer. I went in. I signed literally one piece of paper and the SA said to take my time to check the car out, hook up my phone and head out when I'm ready. If I needed anything, let him know. I was in and out in 15 minutes. The easiest buying experience I've ever had. The only issue I've had in 4 years was a wind whistle at highway speeds that took 4 tries to get solved. Thankfully it was on the passenger side so if I was in the car by myself, I couldn't hear it.

TomO

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4
Country flag
Watched the whole thing. Both of them obsess about panel gaps. Also say the paint on the bumper covers doesn't match the paint on the rest of the car. They were, however, very complementary about the interior.

So I went out & checked mine after watching it - no issues. The car is perfect! My panel gaps are dead on all the way around the car and no panels are higher than others. Don't stress about this, I think it's overblown concerns.

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S ordered PSSPN853. Jan 25 Delivery
Country flag
I agree with Diego. When I bought my Tesla in late 2020, so many people on the forums said I needed to take his long checklist of things to look out for. The only thing I found was a little spec of something in the paint (about the size of a grain of sand). People said the paint is bad. I run mine through the car wash and it still looks new after 4 years. Interestingly, I haven't read about anyone else having build issues (excluding software glitches). Luckily we can still inspect the car before taking delivery!
Same experience with my Tesla. Run it through the car wash 4 times a week, never a paint issue. Looks like the day I got it if not better because I ceramic it once a year. I guess I must not have a critical eye for bad paint or gaps. I suspect much of that was from early days and the story just kept getting repeated to the point everyone thought it was on every car.