• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
I thought that too.
If I'm not wrong in other Porsches, like a Taycan, its an add-on under monthly subscription or outright buy, and they offer first 3 months of it subscription free.
Oh, well 🤦‍♂️[/QUOTE]

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Thanks for the great detailed review! I too was torn between the Taycan and the Macan EV. Wanted a sportier car (Taycan) but also wanted the latest tech and versatility of a compact SUV (e.g., tow hitch option for bike rack on the Macan). Ultimately ordered the Macan 4S considering the $35K price difference.

Incidentally, I debated about ordering the HUD since I too was impressed after seeing it at the Atlanta PEC but decided instead to get rear axle steering for about the same cost. I figured that I would benefit from RAS daily whereas I wouldn’t need the HUD very often on my local commutes (might find it distracting) and rarely go on long drives to new destinations where it would be extremely valuable.
Same here. RAS was something I definitely wanted but was on the fence for the HUD for the same reason. Mostly local driving and very little need for extensive navigation aid. Still great to hear it is well done